Concerned About Working for a Plumbing Company?
We get it. Many people are worried to work for in an industry outside of what and how a business started. In our case, it's plumbing. Watch the video. Wisler Plumbing and Air is no ordinary business.
Have HVAC Experience?
Typically we say experience is not needed but this being a new service, we need you to be great a what you do. And, because you're getting in as we get started, your growth opportunity is phenomenal!
Beyond experience, here are three things we look for in someone:
- Interpersonal communication skills
If you don’t possess these traits, you won’t be a good fit at Wisler Plumbing and Air.
If you have the humility to admit when you make mistakes, the ambition and dedication to work hard and learn quickly, and if you know how to communicate and play well with others (co-workers, management, AND customers), the learning curve becomes shorter. It also makes for a better work experience for everyone involved.
Our standards are high. That’s why we perform a full background check on every new employee. If you have a criminal history, bad driving record, or anything else that would tarnish your reputation or ours, we’ll know it.
Also – you must be a non-smoker and be willing to submit to random drug tests.
This is not only for the safety of our employees and customers ... it’s for your safety, too.
Other desirable and hirable traits include...
- A proper, well-groomed image
- The ability to learn quickly
- “Yes sir, yes ma’am” manners
- A can-do attitude
- An intense dislike for cutting corners
It’s vitally important that our team members can speak intelligently about our products and services so that customers will be well informed. Therefore, training - regardless of your experience level - is essential. Our training is broken down into three categories:
- Classroom training – knowledge and material-based learning.
- Video training – Technical learning reinforcement
- Hands-on training – Ride-alongs with technicians & learning application.
Our team also undergoes technical training that covers topics such as new products, recalls, warranty claims, and updated government-mandated proper code standards.
Enough about us. What’s in it for you? Plenty.
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for advancement through our Leadership Program
- Top-notch training
- Job security
- Work/life balance*
- A hot breakfast every morning
- And much more
* “Wait. What do you mean when you say Work/Life Balance?” This can be tricky. It’s a hard job. You may put in more hours than you anticipate. So when we say “work/life balance,” we don’t necessarily mean you will always enjoy what you consider to be adequate personal time. However, we DO mean that, if you are great at what you do, we give you opportunities to provide for a lifestyle that you want to achieve outside of work. Simply put, if you want to play hard, you have to work hard.
Here's How This Works...
Step One: Apply Online
Step Two: Initial Phone Call – A Wisler team member will contact you to confirm that your information is correct and that stipulations are met.
Step Three: First Interview - If you make the cut, you will be invited to our office for your first interview. This interview is for us to learn more about you to determine whether or not you’re a good fit for our team.
Step Four: Online Assessments – We will send you two assessments to complete online. This helps us to confirm what we learned in your first interview.
Step Five: Second Interview – This interview is all about the job. We cover all aspects of the position and give you an opportunity to ask questions in an effort to determine, once and for all, if you are the right person for the job.
This is standard operating procedure for hiring. But this list is NOT all-inclusive. Our management team has also been known to take prospective candidates and their spouses to dinner or ask them to ride along with current employees. Anything is possible.
HVAC Career Opportunities
If you’ve made it this far, you know what you should do.
Click on the title of the job to apply online today.
If you have any questions, fill out the contact form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks to you for considering Wisler Plumbing and Air as a career option.
And thanks, Dad, for teaching us the importance of finding the right people.