Here’s a list of tools that might be handy to keep in your toolbox:
- Pliers – Whether they’re adjustable pliers or a small set of pliers with different sizes, they can be useful to tighten things up around the home.
- Adjustable Wrench – This is another item you can use to tighten up nuts, bolts, and other items in the plumbing system.
- Screwdrivers – These definitely come in handy around the house for installing, removing, and tightening objects.
- Flashlight – When a breaker trips or the power goes out, you’ll want a good flashlight so you can see the area and get power turned back on. You might also need this in an emergency situation.
- Hammer – A small hammer with some nails has all kinds of uses. If nothing else, you can use this to hang pictures on the wall
- Measuring Tape – This tool has many uses around the home. It comes in handy when fitting/installing new items
Most of the time, you can find a toolbox at the local hardware store that comes with all these tools. (Remember, don’t leave anything lying around where it can get lost!) The tools that someone should keep in their toolbox really depends on how handy they are. It’s contingent on each person’s individual skill level. If you don’t know how to use a certain tool, you could cause more damage than you’re trying to fix. Be honest with yourself and don’t take on a job unless you’re sure that you’re qualified. Otherwise, it could be very dangerous. As long as you’re educated about what you’re doing, then go ahead. If you’re completely naive and just tearing apart something to figure it out as you go, it’s probably not a very good idea. Know your limits and don’t start a job unless you absolutely know what you’re doing.If you have a plumbing issue and need the help of a qualified professional, contact us online or give us a call at 540-483-9382.